Thursday, August 1, 2013

Nevada Hunting Season is Here!

Its official, the 2013 Nevada hunting season has started. My mind is not in the right place today. The smell of cold frosty autumn mornings, deer urine, and black powder fill my nostrils. The sight of snow-capped wilderness mountains is burned into my mind. I swear I just heard an Elk bugle, even though I am hundreds of miles away from Elk habitat. I have developed a case of “buck fever” in preparation for my first big game hunt in the western United States.  

Agency owner Mike Menath departed yesterday for his first hunt of the season. Mike is after an Antelope with bow and arrow, arguably one of the toughest big game hunts in North American . I will start my hunting season on September 1 in pursuit of Blue Grouse in western Nevada and Ruffed Grouse in the Jarbidge Wilderness while scouting for my October Cow Elk hunt. Scott Menath and Woodford, his Brittany, have been training all summer in preparation for the October 1st Chukar season.

Once again, best of luck to all hunters this season. May your bullets and arrows fly straight, luck be on your side, and fresh wild game fill your freezer.

Happy Hunting,

Paul Thibodeau  

No comments:

Post a Comment